Term of Use
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Content on this website is intended for vistors of 21 years or older. If you are below 21 years your are not allowed to register on this site.
- SmokingTransit takes great care in compiling the contents of these internet pages and makes sure that they are updated on a regular basis. They are nevertheless only meant to provide non-binding general information. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors.
- The information, illustrations, text or images (hereinafter referred to as the "Content") on this website are protected by the laws on copyright. You can access this content and use for personal and non-commercial purposes. You may not modify or use the Content for any other purpose without the written permission. Except as otherwise provided below, it is prohibited to reproduce, republish, post, transmit or distribute the content of this website.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of The Netherlands.
- SmokingTransit is a privately owned website. I am committed to maintaining your privacy as you use this site. To better protect your privacy I provide this notice explaining my online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, I made it available on our homepage.
- On all of my sites, I use non-personally identifiable and aggregate information to better design my sites. On all of my sites at which I collect personally identifiable information through the site registration process you can correct or modify that information by editing your user profile.
- For some services you will be asked to provide an email address when registering for an account.
- Forum administrators may use your email address to contact you if necessary.
- Your IP address may be used to identify duplicate user accounts (which are forbidden under the forum rules).
- Cookies are used to store visitors' preferences and record past activity at a site in order to provide better service when visitors return to our site, such as indicating which threads you have read. You may modify your information and preferences by editing your user profile.
- If you register as a user at this site your IP address may be used to identify possible abuse of the reviewing and rating system.
- On SmokingTransit.com, I use aggregate IP information to help me to understand the geographic distribution of those using the information displayed.
- On any of the sites with commenting features your name, email address, and IP address will be recorded when you make a comment. This information will not be published or shared with any third parties.
- Sharing of information with third parties:
- With the exception of the issues discussed in this paragraph I do not share your information with third parties. On some sites, I might in future use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web sites. These companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Your information may be disclosed when I am legally required to by a Dutch court order, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our website and applicable laws, or to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website
- SmokingTransit is structured specifically not to attract anyone under 21. Registration of youth under 21 is not allowed.
- From time to time, I may use user information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future I will post the policy changes to our Web site to notify you of these changes and provide you with the ability to opt out of registration. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check back at our Web site periodically.
- Keep all posts on-topic.
- All posts must be in English.
- Do not pretend to be/represent somebody else.
- Do not discuss illegal activities. Our server is hosted in the Netherlands and so is subject to Dutch law. Please do not expose us to any unnecessary legal liability.
- Check that your question has not been answered anywhere else on the site. Use the search feature.
- Post your comment/question to the most appropriate place. Any posts deemed to be in the wrong forum will be moved. Do not cross-post the same question to multiple places. Comments to articles should be used to comment the article content, not to ask questions or start a discussion. For disicussion please use the forum.
- Make sure you have read the parent article/post completely before posting a reply
- Use your own words. If you wish to use the words of somebody else, quote them, citing the source.
- Choose an appropriate subject line. Try to summarise the problem briefly in the subject, and elaborate in the message itself. Repeat the subject in the body if it will make things clearer. Do not use all caps and do not add false information just to get attention (e.g. ;read this or you will be arrested;). An example of a bad subject would be "HELP ME". A good subject might be, "Does Amsterdam Schipol tax free sell Drum". Do not use a URL as a thread title.
- No useless posts. This includes: Thread bumping, useless one liners, Flamewars, Trolling and Spamming.
- Thank those who help you. Acknowledgment of a helpful suggestion not only placates those who helped you, it may also help others with a similar problem. All those who have been helped on this forum are invited to help other users by responding to their questions when they know the answer and /or to consider donating to the project.
- Do not link to any site that contains adult content, sexually oriented material or might otherwise be considered offensive. Any post containing an inappropriate link will be deleted and the poster will receive a warning.
- Do not propose/link to any site that contains warez/copyrighted software/materials that can be downloaded illegally.
- No affiliate links to be posted, anywhere on our forum.
At all times:
- May not contain any pricing, sales, product etc. details.
- May contain a maximum of two smilies. Or one animated smiley.
- May include two clickable links. URL's or mailto: - No duplicate links
- Only exact URLs allowed ie not LOOK HERE - No tinyurls, affiliate links etc either, only exact, literal URLs
- May include two colors. Hyperlink color is set by the forum and is not counted as a color.
- Maximum font size cannot be larger than normal.
- Must be kept to a maximum of four lines (at 1024 resolution).
- May not contain links to other threads or posts for the purpose of self promotion
- Your signature is your signature. It is not for sale or rent.
- Any signature or avatar that is offensive or insulting to either us, our members, or our staff, are prohibited.
- We reserve the right to ask you to change and/or remove your signature or avatar at any time, for any reason.
- Keep all commentary civil, and be courteous at all times. Constructive criticism is welcome, but insults directed towards other users or the site admins will not be tolerated. Coarse/insulting language will not be tolerated.
- No commercial advertising is permitted.
- When recommending an extension or other product to help a user solve their issue, you must disclose any affiliations you may have with the company or group that authors that particular product. This includes, but is not limited to: any paid or non-paid relationships past or present, receiving any promotional products or services, or any other similar information.
- Any posts deemed to be self promotion, advertising, or spam can and will be removed. NO SPAM - NO ADVERTISING eg. Posting and making excessive, inappropriate and unnecessary references to your products and websites is self promotion.
- This is not the place to settle a commercial disagreement for custom development or to be a 'wall of shame'. Any posts deemed to be of this nature will be removed. Settle your disputes in private please.
- Please refrain from promoting smoking tabacco. This site is not intending to promote tabacco products.
- If you feel a post violates any of these rules, or you need to bring it to the attention of a moderator (move threads/close/split), please use the ‘report this post’ link to notify the moderators.
Failure to abide by these rules may result in an editing, negative moderation or deletion of your post. We reserve the right to ban abusers from the site. We reserve the right to change these rules at any time.